Jumat, 25 September 2015

Faux French Braid

I learned this Faux French Braid last month, from a friend here in TX, whose 10-yr old daughter wore it that day. To me, the braid looked a lot like a French Braid, but the stitching looked a bit different so I knew it couldn’t be. When my friend finally showed me how she created the style, I almost laughed at how easy it was!

1

Really, this Faux French Braid is a Daddy ‘Do hairstyle, it’s that easy to do! We realized this after we filmed, and we didn’t have time to re-film with Shaun as the stylist.  He does say, though, as a guy, that he thinks this is much easier to make than a French braid.

To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHFauxFrench

2

3

4

We’ve shown you a few faux braids over the past few years, but the French Braid really is a stumbling block for many beginning braiders.  Given its slightly different look, learning this French braid hack can be very useful for anyone at any age!

Items Needed: Brush, rat-tail comb, spray bottle, 1 ponytail holder, hairspray {if desired}.

Time Requirement: 5-7 minutes

Skill Level: Easy

See the Video: